1. SarvEshwaran is the One who has Periya PiraaTTi MahAlakshmi, (seated on Lotus Flower) permanently residing in His Chest. NammAzhwAr blessed us with the Divine Thiruvaaymozhi which is an excellent description of most auspicious kalyANA guNAs of SarvEshwaran Sriya: Pathi Sriman Narayanan. Sri Ramanuja took refuge and immersed himself at the Lotus feet of Sri SadagOpar- NammAzhwAr. The great scholars who have studied and mastered various saashthrAs, have realised the greatness of Sri Ramanuja (and his philosophy/doctrine) and have surrendered to His feet as the only means for them. Oh mind! In order to enables ourselves and let us also be saved by taking refuge at the Lotus Feet of Sri Ramanujacharya, come and let us utter the divine names of Sri Ramanujacharya!
2. My mind never thinks of anything and anyone except the greatest kalyANa guNAs of Sri Ramanujar- Emperumaanaar- who never separates himself from the Lotus feet of ThirumangaiAzhwAr of ThirukkuRaiyaloor (who mercifully blessed us with the most divine Prabhandhams), brushing aside and simply ignoring "others" who, though blessed with being born of this birth and being exposed to Veda saashthrAs (and their greatest esoteric description of Emperumaan Sriya:Pathih and His KalyANa guNAs), do not take refuge at the Lotus Feet of Emperumaan, nor do they mediate even once on the Lotus Feet of the Most Beautiful Lord of Thiruvarangam. I, frankly do not know how I got this thinking! It is my Bhagyam! (and ours too!).
3. Oh my great mind! I pay my respects to you. You are so great to have removed me from any connection with those lowly, cruel, persons who are full of "I" and "mine" (ahamkara, mamakarams). You have made me join the Lotus Feet of the Bhagawathas, due to our love and affection towards the Vishyam of Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanujacharya, who is full of most auspicious kalyANA gunAs, most virtuous, straightforward and is pure. What a great service your have done to me, dear!
4. Emperumaanaar, made even me, the lowly, unworthy one, as an object of worthiness on this earth. How? He plucked the roots of all my karmic diseases, that have grown huge and tremendous over the ages due to my a~jnAnam (wrong knowledge or no knowledge); Also, he ordered me utter and praise loudly the greatest kalyANa guNAs of the Primordial Chief (even during the Cosmic cycle end). Such Greatest Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanujacharya places his Lotus Feet on my head permanently. Hence, there is no end for me anymore.
5. If some people (who are not blessed with the mind to appreciate the greatness of Ramanuja) talk low of these verses which declare that Ramanuja is the invaluable wealth for me (and Srivaishnavas), even that adds to his greatness only. Those who know of Ramanuja and his kalyANa guNAs will not see any flaw or find anything wrong with these verses; and also, will they realise that it is due to my bhakti /devotion towards Ramanujacharya that has enabled me to compose this.
6. Those who are good at composing verses with deep meanings and rhyming words, due to their immense bhakti towards Ramanuja, sing lovely poems on Ramanuja. I, the lowly self, sinner, devoid of any bhakti, am attempting foolishly to do this work of singing about the limitless, unbounded greatness of Ramanujacharya. (How will I succeed?)
7. KooratthAzhwAr (Sri Ramanujacharya's prime disciple) has got the indescribable greatness in him; He has got rid of and is able to cross over the three great pitfalls that pushes one down with its strong influence and do great damage to the individual (they are: False pride for being born in the highest caste; for being blessed with the good education and jnAnam; for being a strict follower of VairAgyam and anushtaanam - AzhwAn has no pride even though he fulfils and has all three above attributes! What a personality!) I, after taking refuge at his feet, am able to compose on the greatness of Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanujacharya, (who enables his disciples get over their karmic bondage and samsaaric afflictions), and am able to go away from the track of being away from the Greatest Bliss. Hence, there is no grievance or regret for me.
8. Without realising the eternal belongingness / association of the soul (athmA) to Emperumaan Sriya:Pathi Sriman Narayanan, human beings worry unnecessarily about the external material objects lying in the outside world. To remove such a worry from humans, what PoigaiAzhwAr did was to sing the great Tamil pAsurams describing the basic Vedic housed in simple Tamil words, "Vaiyam thagaLiyaa" (such that we all can understand) so nicely. Sri Ramanujacharya, who thinks of such great work of PoigaiAzhwAr (which is like a lustrous lamp) always in his mind, is always my Master- my Lord.
9. The darkness that prevails in our minds and prevents us from realsing the vison of our Sarva sEshi -our eternal Master Sriya pathi Sriman Narayanan, can be overcome by (reading) the great merciful work "jnAnac chudar viLakkERRinEn" of BhUthatthAzhwAr, who lit the Purest ParipoorNa ParajnAna deepam in his works. Sri Ramanuja always enjoy keeping this Great AzhwAr's Lotus feet in heart. Great scholars and Bhagawathas who always praise the most auspicious kalyANa guNAs of such Greatest Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanujacharya, are capable of establishing the Vedic truths and protect the same and not let them get destroyed by other religions (with their wrong / misinterpretations)
10. After the removal of darkness from human beings due to the first two AzhwArs' grace, pEyAzhwAr described the beauty of PiraaTTi samEtha Sriya: Pathih Sriman Narayanan as "ThirukkaNdEN; pon mEni kaNdEn". Sri Ramanujacharya always praises the Lotus Feet of PeyAzhwAr. Those blessed ones- BhAgyasaalis- who place the Feet of Bhagawathas (adorning themselves with their bhatki towards Sri Ramanuja) on their heads like the most fragrant flowers, are ALWAYS GREAT.
11. The Greatest ThiruppANAzhwAr sang the lovely pAsurams in sweet, simple Tamil language, with the complete essence of all four Vedic truths, housing the Nature and most auspicious (KalyANA guNAs) attributes of SarvEshwaran Sriya: Pathi Sriman Narayanan as They are. Sri Ramanujacharya adorned His Head with the beautful Lotus Feet of this AzhwAr. I can not choose to describe in words the greatness of Bhagawathas (who have held on to the Lotus feet of Sri Ramanujacharya in this world surrounded by oceans (of sishyas of Ramanuja?)) on their strictest adherence to saasthrAs and their anushtaanam.
12. Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanujacharya has got the heart always housing the Lotus feet of Thirumazhisai vandha jOthi- ThirumazhisaiAzhwAr- Bhaktisaarar. Everyone holds the pristine pure Lotus Feet of this Greatest Emperumaanaar. Always they think and meditate on these Lotus Feet, as the means and are blessed with this great wealth. I am in love with, always indebted and am a servant to such Great jn~Anis / Bhagawathas and none else.
13. ThoNdaradippodi AzhwAr, is the One who made most fragrant ThuLasi garlands lovingly with tremendous bhakti for Sriya: Pathi Sri RanganAyikA samEtha Sri RanganAthan of Srirangam; who also composed the sweetest anubhavam filled bhakti laden great garland of Thirumaalai on Lord Sri RanganAthan, the Lord ever associated with the most auspicious KalyANa guNAs; who is the epitome and personification of Bhagawtha sEshathvam; who excelled himself calling himself as the dust at the feet of Bhagawthas (devotees) of Sriman Narayanan. The Lotus feet of Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanuja (who does not desire for any thing else except the Feet of this Great ThoNdaradippodi AzhwAr) are the ONLY Greatest thing that I need to hold on to.
14. Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanujacharya always praises the feet of those who desirously and lovingly sing the pAsurams of KulasEkharAzhwAr, that are laid out in sweet, simple Tamil words, bringing out the meanings of saasthrAs like the nine gems. He, the One who is unparalleled and peerless, especially with regard to his respect for Bhagawathas, will never ever leave me. Hence, I am able to get rid of my sins, aspiring for the Purushaartham, with his grace and thereby avoiding the torturous penance that need to be prformed staying on the mountains, or in the midst of the sea, or in the dense forests.
15. Due to his never fading, never ending flood of bhatki for Emperumaan Sriman Narayanan, with the apprehension that even He will be subjected to the evil eyes of people casting on Him, PeriyAzhwAr sang hymns to greet the Lord for many many years, singing pallANdu, pallANdu. This Lord is always permanent. Sarvarakshakan and still AzhwAr sang and greeted long life for Him, forgetting himself due to his bhakti. Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanujacharya always keeps this great AzhwAr in his heart and I shall not join those who do not take refuge at the Feet of Ramanujacharya and who do not hold on to his kalyANA guNAs as their only support. After being blessed with such a thought, what am I to grieve for?
16. The One who had the greatness of having placed the fragrant garland of flowers on her head and thereby made them more fragrant and more divine for Sriman Narayanan, was Sri AndAL. The recipient of Her natural dayA and compassion was Sri Ramanuja, whose breath and life was only the thoughts of Sri AndAL. And Her grace. What this Ramanuja muni- King among Saints-did was: He took avataar, when the blemishless, faultless, Vedas were wrongly interpreted and misinterpreted and were completely destroyed by "other" religious sects and darkness engulfed the whole world with kalipurushan reigning the whole earth; He established the Vedic truths unambiguously and accurately, not contradicting with any other sruthis/ Vedic statements with his philosophy and protected the Vedas, the world (form the darkness) and thereby mankind. (So, you too shall take refuge at His Lotus Feet like me; for He has saved you too from the darkness!)
17. Emperumaan- PattharAvi PerumAL- the Lord of ThirukkaNNamangai- the Lord being praised by the Vedas- the unparalleled, huge male elephant like Emperumaan- in the standing posture was sung by Neelan - ThirumangaiAzhwAr so beautifully to the great satisfaction quenching the thirst of Bhagawathas fully with his pAsurams in Tamil. The loving darling of such Greatest Thiruma~ngaiAzhwAr is Sri Ramanujacharya., who is my Master. The graetness of all Bhagawathas who reach Sri Ramanuja as the only refuge is: Whatever sorrows/ unhappy events strike, they never get depressed and worry about them thinking "oh no! I have this problem, etc.."; nor do they jump with joy when there is a flood of happy events in their lives. They are such paramaikaanthins. (Thus, if you have taken refuge at the Lotus Feet of Sri Ramanuja, you too need not feel unduly perturbed by the happy/unhappy events happening in your life!)
18. NammAzhwAr blessed the world with His Divine pAsurams that are the essence of not-easy-to-understand Vedas, in sweet, simple Tamil words easily understandable by everyone. For other religious people (saTars- aj~nAnis), he stood opposite to them, and was called SaTagOpar, thus. Sri MadhurakaviAzhwAr was blessed to have Sri SaTagOpar always fully in his mind as his AchAryan. Sri Ramanujacharya- Emperumaanaar, who gracefully blesses and narrates to all his sishyas always about the greatness of MadhurakaviAzhwAr, is my only support and refuge.
19. Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya-stood like a rock declaring the truth about NammAzhwAr's Thiruvaaymozhi saying "Thiruvaaymozhi is the limitless, unbounded wealth; always caring, loving Father; Mother who always thinks of our well being and good; AchAryan (teacher) who mercifully and most compassionately corrects us for our benefits and betterment and SarvEshwaran Sriman Narayanan Himself, whom we desire to serve for, due to AchAryan's upadEsam and grace. Such is the greatness of Thiruvaaymozhi, Tamizh vEdam, of NammAzhwAr, which he sang due to the grace of Sriman Narayanan. Such Emperumaanaar, who declared this greatest truth about Thiruvaaymozhi, is the sweetest insatiable nectar to me and always gives happiness to me limitlessly.
20. Sweetest lovely cool Thiruvaaymzohi came out of the Divine beautiful mouth of NammAzhwAr. Sri Nathamuni considers himself belonging to all those who sing the pAsurams of Thiruvaaymozhi lovingly and devotedly; he immerses himself in the qualities of Bhagawathas who recite Thiruvaaymozhi. Similar to a very thirsty person dashing into a pond and hurriedly, continues to drink incessantly, Sri Ramanujacharya placed Nathamuni in his heart, drank him lovingly and enjoyed greatly. Such great Sri Ramanuja is my indestructible limitless huge wealth.
21. Pristinely pure anushTaanaseelar- (one who strictly adheres to saashthras and anushtanams), the Chief of saints of Srivaishnavas is Sri Yamunacharyar- Sri Alavandhaar. Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya, who is blessed to be Lotus Feet of Yamunacharyar, saved me. Hence, I shall never ever praise the lowly human beings who are full of ahamkara, mamakarams (I and mine), saying "you are like the rainy cloud to shower us with wealth", etc...
22. KaarthigEyan- SubrahmaNyan, Gajamukhan- Vinayakan, Sivan, DurgaDevi were all chased away, showing their backs, when they came to support VaaNaasuran, during his battle with Emperumaan Sriman Narayanan. They all praised the greatness of Lord Sriman Narayanan saying "Oh the Cause of all three worlds!" ( "kaaraNa bhUthanE!"), and hence, Lord pardoned the asuran (and left him alive after cutting his shoulders). Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya, who praises such greatest Lord always, is our invaluable saved wealth for our protection.
23. "Apath rakshakan" - That's how Sri Ramanuja is considered as, by the Bhagawathas and are kept very safely with all precautions in the core of their hearts at all times during day and night, as a treasure lovingly. About such Sri Ramanuja, I, the lowly self, the one who is addressed as "the worst sinner, the likes of whom can not be found in anyone else", have attempted to praise at all times days and nights, with a pretension of sincerity (though not in the mind!) (I have an apprehension that) will it do any harm to His greatest glories? (What a humility!)
24. For ages, time immemorial, for so many births, I had been suffering from samsaaric afflictions and karmic diseases, grieving terribly with sorrows and pains right from the foetus stage unto the death bed (in every birth), with tremendous karma bhandhams, that engulf the AthmA like flies sitting on the honey ; that never satisfy or get saturated in spite of (bad) experiences; that never ever get purified even when washed umpteen times. Having seen and realised the great dayA and grace of Emperumaanar, AudhAryam of Sri Ramanujacharya, (who had simply inert the other religions that were talking against Vedic truths with false notions, like that of a lamp killing the small insects) on me, I have become pure and been saved.
25. Oh most merciful Sri Ramanuja! The One who does not the see the level or status of recipient of your mercy and showers it on him like the rainy clouds raining on all areas! The Ocean of compassion! I, the storehouse of all kinds of sorrows, too was considered as an object of worthiness by You and was saved by DevarIr. Hence, thoughts of your kalyANA guNAs bring a great blissful Anandham for the soul. In this vast world, surrounded by oceans, who is capable of knowing your auspicious qualities as they are fully! (None; the qualities are so great and unbounded, unlimited!)
26. Sri Ramanujacharya, after removing all my "anaadhikaala" karmic diseases, shines so gleefully, and spans His lustre everywhere like the shining bright clouds. And the Bhagawathas who take refuge at the Lotsu Feet of such greatest Sri Ramanujacharya, irrespective of their caste, their jn~Anam, their birth, their nature, etc.. etc., the very thought that they have realised the greatness of YathirAjar and have taken refuge at His Feet, that nature alone of theirs makes me serve them for ever. (Great souls as a sign of modesty claims that they are lowly selves, seelamilla siRoyOn, siRiya jn~Anatthan, etc.., though they are not at all so.)
27. EmperumaanaarE! Sri RamanujA! You keep granting all that one asks for and continue to grant to the fullest extent; thus, your audhaaryam keeps on increasing multifold. Due to your such great nature, you have even chosen to reside in this sinner- paaviyEn's heart. My heart is pained to see that such Glorious DevarIr (you) are residing in such lowly heart of adiyEn in spite of the disqualification that adiyEn possesses. My heart has an apprehension and is afraid that Your GLORY and GREATNESS will be corrupted by Your staying in adiyEn's heart and chooses to stay aloof. (what a description by amudhanaar!)
28. SarvEshwaran Sriya: Pathi Sriman Narayanan who fought with the cruel kamsan, is precisely opposite to the nature of Kamsan in all respects. He is Nimalan- blemishless- faultless. He is in love with the soft-natured (like that of cotton) Nappinaai PiraaTTi. Those who do not hold on to the Lotus Feet of Sriman Narayanan can no even go a step towards Sri Ramanujacharya. Thus, my mouth will keep praising Sri Ramanuja only and none else. How have I been blessed with such a great life! (It is His Grace!)
29. Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya kept in the core of his heart, with great bhakti, the pAsurams of Thiruvaaymozhi, that are considered equal to Vedas, that are considered the essence of Vedas, that are the graceful aruLiccheyalgaL of NammAzhwAr of Thirukkurugoor, that are composed in sweet simple Tamil language. When will I (the lowly self) get His grace for being granted the permanent BhAgyam of being associated with the Bhagawathas and the recipient of the kataaksham from Bhagawthas who have realised and known the Greatness and qualities of such Sri Ramanuja?
30. Sri Ramanujacharya, declared assertively and firmly (based on Vedic truths) in Sri Bhashyam that SarvEshwaran is the most wonderful - most Beautiful Lord- Accharya BhUthan- who is Sarva sEshi (for all souls), who is full of samastha KalyANa guNAs (most auspicious attributes), who has the whole universe and the beings as part of His ThirumEni (Divine Body) who is always associated with Sri. He did not declare this expecting fame or monetary gain from the same. He declared only and purely for the sake and benefit of the worldly souls (like us). Because of His such greatest compassion and grace, He has enslaved me. And now, because of being blessed with the servitude to Emperumaanaar, what if I am granted the mOksham (Bhagawadh anubhavam), or Kaivaylam (AthmAnubhavam) or even if I am engulfed by the scorching flames of hell and suffering thereby? I care two hoots now for them.
31. Oh my mind! (who is always with me bonded in this material world!) We have been suffering for ages in the bodies of Devas, humans, plants (or trees), animals, et al. Today, even with no effort from us, our of Sri Ramanuja's grace, do you know what are we blessed with: We are blessed to stand at the Lotus Feet of Sri Ramanujacharya, who is the darling child of most beautiful strong shouldered, most auspicious -KalyANa guNagaNouga mahaarNavan- Sri Atthigiri PEraruLALan- Sri PerundEvi PiraaTTi samEtha Sri Varadan. Our Master- SarvasEshi.
32. Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya, is the One who protected the earth by saving the Vedas and the people due to his AudhAryam, who established the SaraNagathy tatvam, who offered Himself so mercifully to us completely (for us to take refuge at His Lotus Feet). Those who do take refuge at His Lotus Feet are blessed with (naturally coming to them, even though they do not expect or anticipate- they are parmaikaanthins): Commands good respect from others, Balanced mental frame to view both happiness and sorrows equally, Fame and popularity among the people due to their conquering the influence of cruel, storing senses, Great jn~Anam (knowledge) of Tatva, Hitha, Purushaartham, and the Bhakti (towarsd Sriya:Pathih Sriman Narayanan) arising out of all the same.
33. The Divine ChakrAyudham, the Sword, the Mace, The Bow, The Divine Conch, are all the five most Divine Pancha Ayudhams (weapons) of SriyaPathih Sriman Narayanan - SarvEshwaran, who is always with Periya PiraaTTi Sri MahAlakshmi, seated on the Lotus Flower in His Chest, who is the Darling Master of Sri MahAlakshmi, together rushed to assist Sri Ramanujacharya on His endeavours in the Earth. (It is also told that Sri Ramanuja is also an expansion of these Ayudhams, in addition to being an avtaar of AdhsEshan)
34. It is not comprehensible and measurable mentally the severity and intensity with which Kalipurushan torments the earth and its people. Just like a light lit in the darkness, Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya appeared to dispel the darkness of Kali. This alone does not speak great about Sri Ramanuja. (What is this?) His complete burning the Huge Book which Yama has written taking the account of all my sins, is what makes Him tick in His Greatness. (WoW! adadaaa...! What a narration!)
35. I shall never ever seek any other (demi)God. I shall never sing or praise others like what other poets sing the lowly human beings as "Oh Merciful clouds! Oh Storm! etc.. etc..". I shall NEVER ever forget the Lotus Feet of Sri Ramanujacharya, that are pristinely pure, that are Parama bhOogyam for those who take refuge at them , and that belong to the Greatest Sri Ramanujacharya, who simply melts with love and bhakti when he simply utters the Divine Name of Sweet Sri RanganAthan. Thus, How will the karmic diseases trouble me hereafter?
36. KaNNapiraan- the SarvEshwaran- the Sarva sEshi- the One who has the Most strongest ChakrAyudham that can destroy the enemies completely, that day, explained to Arjunan (who was completely confused at to what and what not is to be done?) the rich, deep, esoteric down to earth practical philosophy, in His GitOpadEsam. He established the Vedic truths (that are hidden like the most valuable gems at the bottom of deep ocean) in simple verses in GitA and explained to Arjunan (as a vyAjam) for the benefit of the world. Emperumaanaar, Sri Ramanujacharya, later, in order to alleviate the sufferings of the world, established the same truths in an easy-to-consume fashion for the benefit of the world. His such merciful compassion /nature, He has offered Himself to me to take refuge at His Lotus feet. It is His Greatness and nature.
37. Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanujacharya always immerses himself in the Great famous epic Ramayana and keeps it with great devotion in his heart. The Bhagawathas who praise the KalyANA guNAs of such Greatest Sri Ramanujacharya, are the ones who have realised that the AthmA of theirs is only to serve and be enslaved by Sri Ramanuja. Thus, they have also given me a re-orientation and showed me Seshathvam of Emperumaanaar. I did not hold on to his Lotus Feet, on my own. It is because they have shown me the greatness of Emperumaanaar, I could get a glimpse of YathirAja's greatness. (Please read venkatesh Ilayavalli's post on April 1st 1999 in bhakti list on the story of amudhanaar).
38. I, the lowly self, who has been under the wrong impression and knowledge for ages that AthmA is the Lord, have been enslaved by Sri Ramanuja and enabled me serve his Bhagawathas. Having done so on me, mercifully and gracefully, now, my query is: why at all I was left groping in the dark so long for ages, and so many births? When I can see the depth of compassion of DevarIr on adiyEn, I am not able to comprehend this inexplicable query. Please tell me.
39. Oh mind! We have been suffering asking and seeking for materials, land, progeny, wife, et al, and are constantly under the pangs of pains. Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya, blessed us mercifully with the right jn~Anam to know of his limitless kalyANa guNAs only, and removed all our karmic diseases and sufferings. Who else can protect and save us like what YathirAjar did? Can we equate him to anyone else at all? (Absolutely not.)
40. Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya- whose qualities are only equal to the Lord Vamanan, preached the world with great truthful, Vedic philosophy without their even asking for it. He is so merciful. Moksham, Dharmam, artham, and kaamam, are the four goals of life; so they say. But Yathiraajaa, a celibate like Vaamanan, says Kaamam (Desire) for union with KaNNan is the only worthy goal; The other three are just to support this divine passion. Dharmam removes the sins that stand as a hurdle for this kaamam. Artham is used for giving alms and thus aids for going towards the goal. MOksham also aggravates the longing (Kaamam) for KaNNan. Thus, Kaamam (for KaNNan) is the Best. (What an enjoyment of YathirAjar's greatness by Amudhanaar!)
41. The world could not realise the greatness and SarvasEsjthvam of Emperumaan Sriya: Pathi Sriman Narayanan, in spite of His taking so many avtaars and showing Himself Prathyaksham to the world. But Emperumaanr, Sri Ramanujacharya, who considered the sufferings and sorrows of all those who hold onto His Lotus Feet, as His own, and blessed the world with the great Sri Bhasjyam and other works. Now the world is richly blessed with the correct knowledge (jn~Anam) and become the servants (sEshans) of Sriman Narayanan.
42. I was completely residing in the beautiful bosom of young women (who hide their faults of their bodies with the fragrant flowers, colourful clothing, smearing sandal paste, adorning ornaments, etc, ) without an awareness of any other pleasure; I was deeply caught in the muddy waters of lust and was about to be finished. There appeared the Parama dhaarmeegar- Sri Ramanuja and He blessed me with His grace, mercifully declaring that Sriya: Pathi Sri RanaganAthan ,the Lord of Srirangam alone is the Master of all souls, without expecting even an iota of any benefit or prathi upakaaram (paying him back) from adiyEn. What a mercy! That's His natural compassion on us. Such a Parama kaaruNikO AchArya saarvabhoumar is YathirAjar.
43. Oh People! Bhagyasaalis, (Lucky ones) who are blessed with the avataar of Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanujacharya! I, (who has surely realised this) am telling this to you who has not yet realised this: Emperumaanaar chased away the strong Kali purushan's influence on the world destroying all dharmam and virtues. (Kaliyum kedum; KaNdu koNmin says NammAzhwAr). By the simple utterance of the divine name of this AchArya, bhakti and jnAnam will automatically grow; Just by a mere telling of his name, will intensify the sweetness in your mouth leaving an excellent taste in your mouth. Also, all irremovable sins and sorrows of samsaaric afflictions will run away showing their backs to us, in addition to all these anubhavams.
44. In this vast world, one wishes to know what is the ultimate Purushaartham. Sri Ramanujacharya studies the art, music, the drama in Tamil, the four Vedas and all limitless innumerable Dharmas and analysed them individually as well as in toto. He stands like a shining light, establishing the Greatest truths reflecting the sruthis and Vedic truths in clear categorical terms, and is praised for His KalyANA guNAs by Great scholars with love and devotion. This world (and its people), oh no! are not listening and paying attention to my words. (Are they not sensible?)
45. There is no other enjoyment for me except for Your Lotus Feet. And obtaining this enjoyment too is also by means of taking refuge at Your Lotus feet. You have blessed this knowledge or realisation in those Bhagawathas who have this truthful jn~Anam and also to adiyEn who has no such realisation nor any jnAnam/qualification. Your mercy and dayA on me is without expecting anything in return from adiyEn. aiyO! If I attempt to describe this greatness of your such Greatest compassionate nature, then, words do not come to my rescue. It is better to simply keep quite, only thinking silently of Your Greatest merciful nature.
46. Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya studied Thiruvaaymozhi of NammAzhwAr, which by its rish deep narration o Vedic truths, chased away and destroyed completely the other six religions, (that could survive only by a mere play of words and logic with no examples or proofs, pramaaNams and clarifications of their contradictions. What Sri Ramanuja did to me is this: Since I do not have the required jn~Anam nor the capacity to grasp the same, He simply resided in my heart as the means and the end for me to take refuge at His Lotus feet and be saved. I simply lost to His greatest KalyANa guNAs of such merciful Nature of YathirAjar, and hats off to him.
47. Emperumaanaar- Sri ramanujacharya declared that Sri RanganAthan- the reclining Lord of Srirangam on AdhisEshan- is the One praised by Vedas, One worshipped by everyone including even Nithya sooris and is also Our Lord. He showed the Lord to the world that was filled with adharmam (non virtuous). He simply destroyed my karmic diseases, that can not be overcome by praayacchitthams or experiencing various births (for the sins are so huge and great quantities). Not only did he do that to me, He also resided in my heart at all times in the day and in the night, without leaving me even for a fraction of second. There is NO PARALLEL or EQAUL to His mercy of residing in my heart. There is none EQUAL TO ME, who is blessed with this BhAgyam.
48. There can NOT be anyone who is so lowly of having the qualities that are not befitting to the Blissful soul and having the qualities of possessing a vibharItha (wrong) knowledge in abundance like me. Such unparalleled I (the aparaadha chakravartthi as claimed by Swami Desikan in daya sathakam), was considered by Sri Ramanujar, taking my such lowly qualities alone as the required qualification to save me. So merciful is He and His such compassionate nature alone is the shadow that can protect us form the scorching samsaaric afflictions. Since, there is none as bad as I am, it speaks even more of His greatness to save me even. Sri RamanujA! The One praised even by all those Bhagawathas who are blemishless and faultless! You are the swaroopa laabham for me; and the GuNa laabham for Devas; when such is the case, will we ever go away from you? Never.
49. Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya, who enjoys placing his head at the Lotus Feet of Lord Sri RanganAthA (of Srirangam, filled with fertile fields, and beautiful ponds of Lotus flowers, where the Lord has His YoganithrA), appeared on this earth and do you know what all happened: The Dharmic way and Vedic lifestyle that were decaying started getting revived; the six religions that are against the Vedic principles and are full of flaws and bluffs- which propagate non vedic philospohy, were simply finished off; the cruel kali purushan who is the cause of all havoc in this world also was crushed. What a way the world is saved with His avtaar!
50. The greatness of the Lotus feet of Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya (who is the embodiment of all kalyANa guNAs existing all over the world, who is the King, Chief among saints) is: They (the Lotus feet) reside in the hearts of Bhagawathas (who know that only Emperumaan Sriman Narayanan is the means as well as the end) like the rising bright sun; They walk in the hearts of those other non vedic religious people giving them fearsome spine chilling shivers from the roars of YathirAjar's Veda based arguments; They (the Lotus feet) adorn even this lowly self, who is the personification of all sins and is looked down by everyone, as an ornament. How great are They!
51. For the sake of PaaNdavaas, who held on to KaNNan as the only support for them, KaNNan drove the chariot in the battle field Himself in front of the enemy group of DuryOdhanaadhis; He showed Himself to PaaNdavaas (Arjunan) and also decided to finish the battle with an intent to destroy the Kauravaas completely. Emperumaanaar appeared as the insatiable nectar and BhOgyam for the Bhagawathas, who are deeply immersed in the most auspicious, limitless attributes of KaNNan. Such greatest Emperumanaar Sri Ramanujar has appeared in this world only to rule me; Actually thinking of it, there is not any other reason.
52. He saw to it that the non Vedic religions shiver with his roaring arguments and Vedic based philosophy. With his enormous fame and popularity that he had earned he covered the whole earth. He entered into me, on his own, out of his mercy, in spite of my never seeking for the same. He removed all my karmic diseases and joined me with the most beautiful Lotus Feet of Sri RanganAyaki samEtha Sri RanganAthA of Srirangam. My Master- Sri Ramanujacharya performed such wonders.
53. The most merciful Sri Ramanujacharya, who had come to my place searching for adiyEn, only to enslave me; who has got such a glorious nature of stooping down so low to my level (such a sowseelyam, because of which even the learned scholars fall in love with him); who has got such great nature of not seeing the defects or faults of others and moves with them in a fashion suitable and likeable to them., established the Greatest most important truth that the Paraman Sriya:Pathih Sriman Narayanan alone is the SeshI (Master) and all the worlds, the innumerable, countless AthmAs (beings) living in them are all sEshans (servants). Even when none sought or asked for this; still, YathirAjar mercifully established this truth for our benefit.
54. Because of Sri Ramanujacharya's such great nature of mixing with all irrespective of their lowly nature (like that of mine) with such sowseelya guNA, He had brought the world great things as follows: * Similar to the blooming of fresh Lotus flowers when the Sun rises, Vedic truths were established firmly and all other six non vedic religions were simply crushed. * Vedas that describe the greatness of SarvEshwaran and the manner in which the ArAdhana need to be performed to the Sarveshawran, were feelings happy and excited hearing the roars of Sri Ramanuja, against other religions. ("kaLippuRRathu is described by MaNavaaLa maamuni as Garvam kOndathu- Vedas felt proud). * The most sweetest, Thiruvaaymozhi, the Tamil Veda, sung by NammAzhwAr with great anubhavam and enjoyment grew greatly by Sri Ramanuja's campaigning and the whole world came to know of the greatness of Thiruvaaymozhi.
55. Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya established the Vedic truths in his philosophy and thereby the innumerable great Vedic hymns survived in this world due to Sri Ramanuja's grace. He stands so victoriously, so beautifully, so gracefully and mercifully, that Bhagawathas, who serve the Lotus feet of Lord Sri RanganAthA- Sesha bhUthars of the Lord- who lose themselves to such greatest merciful nature / personality of his, and praise Sri Ramanuja wholeheartedly. They are the ones capable of ruling our kulam at all times.
56. Emperumaanaar - Sri Ramanujacharya praises devotedly Sri ParasurAmamuni, who had appeared to destroy the 21 generations of Kshathriya enemies with His sharp plough. He (Sri Ramanuja) has got the best quality to even correct the persons of lowly nature (like me) the dirty minds to become one pure hearts. Parama pAvanar; Having been blessed so and joined Sri Ramanuja Group, I shall never ever talk anything else except about Sri Ramanuja. My mind shall never ever think of anything else.
57. Uttham purushar- Srivaishnavas consider only serving the Beuatiful ParamabhOgya Lotus feet of Sri RanganAthan of Sri Rangam, and nothing else. They consdier only such like minded Bhagawathas as their relations and companions. They consider only SaraNAgathy tatvam (doctrine of surrender) as the only dharmam that needs to be followed. Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya is praised wholeheartedly by such great Sri vaishnavas, for his greatest merciful nature and kalyANA guNAs. I am not so stupid and foolish to think that there is something else that I should have than what I am presently blessed with- the Bhagyam of having Sri Ramanuja with me. That foolishness shall not bloom in me. Not any more.
58. Other religions wrongly provide a distorted interpretation of Vedic statements. They think, understand wrongly and explain with some logic (taking one statement out of context, and ignoring another statement from sruthis) that Brahmam is JIvAthmA and jIvAthmA is Brahmam; mOksham is merging of jIvAthmA with SarvEshawaran; etc.. Such vociferous, disharmonious noises of wrong, misinterpretations and vibharItha jnAnams were completely silenced by the excellent arguments of Sri Ramanujacharya, quoting Vedas (declaring that jIvAthmA(chit) and the prakriti (achit) is also Nithyam and are eternal; They are eternally bonded to Brahamam with a SarIra SarIri bhAvam. Sriman NarAyaNA, the Lord of KalyAna guNas, is the sarIrI and all chit & achit are His sarIrA. Sriman Narayanan is the Master (sEshi) and all jIvAthmAs are sEshans (servants) and mOksham for jIvAthmA is having an uninterrupted Bhagavad anubhavam and performing eternal kainkaryam to the Lotus feet of Divya Dampati at SrivaikunTam, with great bliss). He stood victorious. It is his mercy on us for his such great upakaaram to us (and Vedas too!)
59. When the whole world, surrounded by oceans was engulfed by the darkness of Kalipurushan, Sri Ramanuja appeared and with the shining light of praamaaNams (proofs) from four Vedas, dispelled the darkness immediately. Had he not done that, the world would not have known the truth (of Sarva sEshithvam of Sriman Narayanan for all jIvAthmAs).
60. Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya- the One who shines with great KalyANA guNAs, who preaches the Athma guNAs to everyone with no bias/partiality, (such a udhaara seelar is he), who is the Chief of our Srivaishnava kulam, - enters the following places with great happiness and joy: * where there is a congregation of Scholars or jn~Anis of Srivaishnavam; * where there is a recitation of Thiruvaaymozhi takes place; and * where the SavEshwaran Sriya:Pathi Sriman Narayanan, out of His own and free will, stays permanently (along with Periya PiraaTTi Sri MahAlakshmi residing in His Beautiful Chest forever ) in the archAvathaaram in Sri Vaishnava Divya dEsams
61. Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya shines so gracefully that those Bhagawathas, (who always think that Emperumaan Sriman Narayanan alone is everything to them) come to him, take refuge at his Lotus feet and pay obeisance to him. But, Sri Ramanuja, the most merciful One came to me, (the lowly self, who was deeply immersed in the cruel karma bhandhams, and in the world of tremendous sorrows and samsaaric afflictions) and enslaved me. What a KaaruNyam! Not just that. He has gone searching for others (like me) if any one else is left out for being saved. Thus, the whole earth is awe struck with his greatest dayA on humanity.
62. Our Master- Sri Ramanujacharya's Lotus feet give us great happiness, (Anandham), great bhOgyam, and are of Parama Poojyam. I am fortunate to have been blessed to hold the feet of Parama Bhagawatha Sri Vaishnavas who are equal to Nithyasooris of SrivaikunTam, and who do not at all have their regards to those who do not desire for Sri Ramanujacharya's Lotus feet. Hence, I stand fearless and have no sorrows /grievances. (since, there are no karma vaasanaas anymore!)
63. The religions that have been filled with dirt and rots have been taken up by those who are now being chased away with thundering logic and Vedic proof by Sri Ramanuja. He is here in this world to preach and advise against such pitfalls. He wanders everywhere looking for people and act accordingly to let them comprehend his philosophy; Such Great Most compassionate RamanujA! The One with unlimited jnAnam! Please bless me with the mentality and strength to enable me to hold and follw Your Glorious Lotus Feet at all times!
64. Our own possession- Sri Ramanujar is like a huge male elephant; He shines so brightly and gracefully, with beaming Anandham (bliss) of having enjoyed the Tamil Veda Sri Sadagopar's Thiruvaaymozhi. He holds the Divine holy TridhaNdam in his hand. Oh Logicians! All of you can not even stand against Sri Ramanuja. He stands so toweringly pushing you all to the sides with his authoritative authenticated arguments. With the chain of sishyas and their sishyas linked to Sri Ramanuja, you have no chance to survive your wealth. The world will now prosper.
65. The good things that have happened to us (due to our Nathan- Master- Sri Ramanuja's grace and due to the jnAnam that He blessed on us gracefully) are: The grass that had grown like great bushes around the paddy fields (other religions that have outgrown the Vedic truths and covered for so many years) are now completely removed and destroyed; The fields now have grown even better and look graceful. The grief of Vedic brahmins have gone; The Earth is now blessed really; All doubts on saashtrAs have been cleared; This is the glory of jnAnam that Sri Ramanuja blessed us with.
66. The manner in which Sriya: Pathi Sriman Narayanan grants mOksham is: When jnAnam blooms, develops and matures into Bhakti and desire / prEmam on the Lord, and when one gets an urgent intense desire (tvarai) to see and enjoy the lord and laments every second and every moment as to when he is going to obtain the blissful kaimkaryam at the Feet of the Lord with great satisfaction and devotion; when such a situation arises in him, Sri Ramanujacharya ( - The King among saints - the One who gracefully removed the ills from this lowly self- adiyEn's heart ) blesses us him, the Bhagyam of holding the Lotus Feet of his (Sri Ramnuja's) and thereby grants them his krupai (grace) as the first dividend and mercy to enable him to be granted mOksham by Sriya: Pathi Sriman Narayanan
67. For the sake of Yudhishtirar -Dharma puthrar- The one whose concern was to serve Emperumaan alone and surrendered to Him, SavEshwaran performed most wonderful acts and deeds during KuruskshEthra battle and destroyed excellently the 100 Kauravaas, the personification of ahamkarams. Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanujacharya blesses us saying these bodies of ours and AthA are for Him and t is our duty only for performing eternal service to Emperumaan- Sriya:Pathi Sriman Narayanan, and nothing else. And had he not advised us (those who were running amuck after other things materialistic) with such a grace, what would have happened to us? Who could have saved our AthmA? (None else)
68. When Arjunan, during the MahAbharatha battle, was confused and confounded as to what he needs to do, to fight or not to fight, he placed his bow down and requested the Lord to advise him. Sri KrishnA blessed him (and us) with the glorious Divine GitA and Sri Ramanujacharya blessed us in a much more simple terms the essence of GitA in order to enable us understand clearly the rich esoteric meanings of GitOpadEsam of Sri krishNA. My mind and AthmA long and desire for KalyAna GunAs of those Bhagawthas who hold on to such broad minded, merciful Sri Ramanujacharya.
69. SarvEshwaran Sriya:Pathi Sriman Naryanan, out of His own grace and upakaaram, blesses us (the dormat ones) before the creation, with the requisites (karaNa~ngaL) to become the living souls. But He did not grant us the "saraNa~ngaL" the Lotus feet. But My Father- Sri Ramanujacharya, Emperumaanaar- in order to save me from this samsaara saagaram- the Great PraLayam- blessed me today and showed me with the Lotus feet of his (Sri Ramanuja's) as the means. What an upakaaram!
70. Oh EmperumaanaarE! Sri RamanujA! For time immemorial, I, the lowly self, had been immersing myself in sensual pleasures and carnal desires; After you have accepted me, I, who was intertwined with all my karma vaasanaas, bondage, was blessed with Your graceful kataaksham. You saw me and You saw my lowly nature too. You have still gracefully considered me as a worthy object for redemption. Is there anything I repeat- any thing good in me for you to take that as a cue for Your mercy? And still You have showered your dayA on me? What a dayA! Is there any benefit for you in Your mercy on me? (None) and still You have blessed m with Your grace. What a grace! If you look only for some thing good for one to surrender at Your Feet, who is qualified to do so? None. (Not at least me). And still you have enabled me to surrender to You. How and what can one see Your such limitless, unbounded grace? (an excellent pAsuram! This only is my capacity to translate! I advise the readers to read the pAsuram please)
71. Oh EmperumaanaarE! Sri RamanujA! The One who does not see the lowly level of the recipient (of Your grace) and does not realise the greatness of granting Your such grace on him! My fickle mind that was so unsteady and vacillating, has now got stuck to the shadow of Your Most Blissful Lotus Feet; My love for those Divine Lotus feet has grown to the greatest extent. My such action has arisen due to the Greatest merciful guNA of Yours and hence, has grown tremendously and immersed itself in praising Your such guNAs only. The apacharams I had committed unknowingly and the ones that I have committed knowingly even which have grown and accumulated as huge mountains over the ages have all now vanished completely; Hence, there is no grievance for me.
72. Due to His grace, Sri Ramanujacharya did the following: He completely conquered those who immersed themselves in non vedic arguments and religions and confused the world; He blessed, conducted and performed the most truthful Vedic way of Life. Such Greatest Ramanuja, has placed this lowly self- me- among those great scholars and Srivaishnava Bhagawathas,(who took refuge at his Lotus feet out of great bhatkti towards him and praised him ) in such a way indicating "he is also one among them". What a mercy1 What a dayA! What a grace! (adadaaaa..)
73. Without seeing the greatness of what He teaches us, and our qualification for receiving it (and considering only what great it is going to do to us), He teaches us the esoteric, essence of all saasthrAs in simple terms. He is so merciful. H can not stand to watch us going down the trench of samsaara saagaram and waste our precious sri vaishnava births (lives). He showers coolness to the scorching heat of samsaaram like the cool moon rays. He blesses even those (who are not bothered with the realisation of Brahman and jnAnam) and teaches them true jnAnam about Self and Sarva sEshathvam of Self to the Lord. Hence, there is no other thought for me (that befits me) except the thought of Ramanujacharya, who is so merciful and who has got such gracious mind to save everyone in this world.
74. Emperumaan- SarvEshawran- is the One who destroys those cruel wrong doers, who can not understand and talk ill of the apaurushEya (that which has no birth) , the ever permanent, Vedas and their philosophy / tatvams, with His strongest chakrA. While Sri Ramanujacharya, the most merciful One, conquers the non vedic and wrong philosophers (of other religions) in his own Most graceful manner. (So Sri Ramanujacharya excels even Emperumaan!)
75. Even if ThiruvaranganAthan - Lord Sri RanganAtha of Srirangam, appears in front of me, shows Himself His full beauty with all Divya Ayudhams in His resplendent Hands, and vows " I shall never ever leave you", Oh Sri RamanujA! Even then, the greatness of Your kalyANA guNAs surround me, drag and engulf me and I am caught immersing myself in them and praising them only.
76. Oh Sri RamanujA! The ever famous, ever divine, most popular, the lovely, fertile, endearing to all, ThirumalA mountain (Where Lord ThiruvEmkatamudaiyaan stays permanently), the Most Divine Sri vaikuNTam, The Milky Ocean (ThiruppaaRkadal) where the Lord is having His Yoga nithrA, with an only thinking of protecting the universe, - in as much as these Divya Desams give you an exquisite unlimited pErAnandham (great happiness), the same amount of bliss comes to me from dEvarIr's (your) Lotus feet which are Parama bhOgyam to me. Hence, Please bless me with those Lotus Feet always.
77. Sri Ramanujacharya- Emperumaanaar -He has blessed me with such grace and dayA that He had not blessed anyone with so far. The other religions that interpreted the Vedas so wrongly and distortedly that the Vedic truths were simply hidden among there false and wrong arguments. Sri Ramanujar, making use of only Vedic statements, argued and chased away those non Vedic religions. He stood so victoriously on this earth, with his glory spreading the whole earth. He chased away all my karmas. What else does He have in His ThiruvuLLam (mind) now for the benefit of the world? (means: is there anything else to do?)
78. Emperumaanaar- Sri Ramanujacharya- after seeing my lowly nature, decided toenter into my heart. There, like a resident first cleans the place of residence first, YathirAjar removed the dirt from my heart. He had such a great greed for correcting me (means: It is impossible. And still he wanted to correct me and tried), that none would have dared. If I come to know of your intentions, I may obstruct and escape from your endeavours, and hence, knowing fully well of that, you have clandestinely operated from within and changed me completely to become the servant /bhakthA of Sri Vallabhan, Sriya: Pathi Sriman Narayanan.. What a dayA on me, Sri RamanujA! Due to Your Parama krupA, EmperumaanaarE! Any other wrong thoughts contradicting to what dEvarIr has taught me, will never ever hereafter enter into my mind.
79. Emperumaanaar shines so victoriously conquering and chasing away all those non vedic wrong religions that had distorted Vedic statements with wrong and misinterpretations. He established the Vedic truths on this earth firmly. When he stands awaiting who is coming to learn the Truthful Knowledge based on Vedas and his VisishtAdvaita philosophy, the people are under the wrong notion that "he is also a human being like us, what is the big deal?" and does not hold on to his feet. On the other hand, they lament foolishly "which Lord is going to save me from this world?". Alas! What a pity!
80. I, shall always serve, wholeheartedly and uninterruptedly, with no gap, at all times, under all circumstances, with my words, with my actions and with my thoughts, in all situations, those Bhagawathas who always think of the graceful nature of dearest Srivaishnava Bhagawathas who have desired to praise and utter the glorious divine names of Sri Ramanuja at all times.
81. I, who had never thought of service to the Bhagawathas (who always serve your Lotus feet and not think of any other matter), was correctly transformed and advised by DeavarIr due to Your grace that "I am the servant of them only; and None else;" And it is Sri RanganAthan's nature to enable and let His devotees join the group of Srivaishnavas (like He has blessed me join this bhakti list); His Lotus Feet are only for Bhagawthas to desire for taking refuge with and serving the same. Such Greatest Lord's ThirumEni is dark hued colour; and DevarIr (Your) Lotus feet are opposite to that and are of reddish Lotus Like fair complexioned colour. You have blessed me with a constant uninterrupted thought on Your Lotus feet only! Oh RamanujA! There is NO PARALLEL FOR YOU and YOUR GRACE!
82. I,-who was deeply engrossed in the crue karma vaasanaas, who had not even an iota of jnAnam, who was never steady in a particular thing and was having a vacillating mind, - was gently corrected by Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanuja. What did to me is: Within a fraction of a second, He made me a great recipient and listener of His Esoteric Truths and He stood victoriously on the earth. Thus, the literate, scholars, Sri Vaishnavas, illiterate, and people from all walks of life approach Him and praise Him for His such Greatest most auspicious attributes. He possesses such Great kalyANa guNAs. He is like the rainy dark clouds that rain everywhere without any partiality; He showers His grace to one and all!
83. I have never had any semblance of desire for Parama Purushaartham mOkshAnubhavam, without seeking the AthmAnubhavam (or Kaivalyam); I never had any prEmam / Bhakti; I have never had a realisation of my inability to perform Bhatki Yoga; I never had realised that I have no other means to surrender and have performed Prapaatti to become a prapannan; I have never been a member of the Prapanna group. Oh RamanujA! I will attain the mOksham of two lotus feet of Yours. How? It is only due to Your limitless unbounded grace that showers on those who surrender to Your Lotus feet. Do I need to tell You that? You Yourself know.
84. Now I have seen my Ramanuja; what a great sight it is! That makes me desire and seek to serve the golden feet of Bhagawathas - his devotees. And here, today I from the midst of all Bhagawathas take just a sip from this ocean of auspicious qualities of YathirAjA and all my past karmaas are destroyed. Alas! There is no end if I start to say more.
85. There is nothing else for my AthmA to hold on to, except the Feet of
those Bhagawathas who have the nature of praising and paying obeisance to
Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanujacharya, who dispelled the aj~nAnam of all who were
wandering aimlessly, following and serving for other trivial materialistic
benefits without realising that the SarvEshawran Lord Sriman Narayanan, the
Veda Purushan, is the Chief, as proclaimed in no ambiguities by the Vedas
that they learn.